Application settings will allow you to manage the type of teams applying into your tournament, the process of how fees are collected and the information displayed on applications.
- Application Start Date: Date when applications can be created / teams can begin the application process
- Application Early Date: Applications submitted before this date will be marked as Early
- Application On-time Date: Applications submitted before this date with be marked as On Time
- Application Cut Off Date: Date when applications can no longer be created /teams can no longer apply
- Age Cut Off: Date The system will calculate the team’s age group by this date. This setting will follow the same logic as an Age Calculation Date. If using state level age calculations, this date should typically be set as 12/31/20XX.
- Can teams play up in age group? Allow teams to play in an older age group. (Up to three age groups depending on State level age group configurations)
- Min # players: Minimum number of players a team can have in order to submit application.
- Alternate Team ID: Allows teams to include a Team ID from outside the Affinity system
- # Email Addresses Required: Minimum number of unique email addresses that must be submitted on the application
- # Team Contacts Required: Minimum number of team admins required to be submitted on the application
- Application Requires Head Coach: Requires a Head Coach on the roster to submit the application
- Application Requires Team Manager: Requires a Team Manager on the roster to submit the application
- Charge Credit Card Without Application Approval: If yes, the credit card will be charged automatically after application has been submitted. If no, credit card is charged when team is placed in Final Acceptance and the status has been posted.
- Automatically Accept Applications When Paid: Automatically places team in Accepted status once payment has processed. If no, manual capture of their card will happen when post status changes are made. (See configuration #20)
- Regional Roster Role: Captured for team contacts when team is advancing to USYS regional play.
Max # Loaned Players: When manually creating applications using the public teams configuration (see Tournament Config > configuration #11) players added to the roster are define as either “Registered” or “Loaned.” This option can limit the number of players that are defined as Loaned.
- All required info must be inputted before submitting the application: Mandates that all required information must be filled out before Team Admin can submit application.
- Allow league registrar to apply many teams in batch: Allows League Registrar to apply multiple teams at once instead of Team Admins submitting individual applications for each team. (This process is commonly referred to as “batch applying” or “declaring multiple teams.)
- Auto accept application for New or Pending status: Applications that are in in New or Pending statuses will automatically be changed into an Accepted status.
- Auto post status change: When team’s application status changes this will automatically alert the team and post the change on to the tournament/ league play public web address. This will also auto capture payments if not processed. (See configuration #14)
Accept teams from the checked season, Team and playtype only:
Chose the Season, Play Type, and Team Status that you are accepting applications from. Teams who do not match the criteria will not be permitted to apply.
Based on the screenshot below all Competitive, Division I, Recreational and Select teams within the Fall 2018 and all Competitive, Division III and Recreational teams within the 2017-2018 Season are eligible to apply.
Use the New Fee Type drop down list to select a fee type you wish you create. Fees can be created as mandatory (M), Optional- selected by default (OS), or Optional- not selected by default (ON).
- New Fee Type: Name of fee that will appear on application
- Other Fee Type: If “Other” is selected from the New Fee Type drop down menu please enter in name of fee in this field
- Fee Amount: Dollar amount of fee
Once the fee has been created, the Edit a Fee Type drop down menu will appear and provide the opportunity to edit or review the fee.
Custom fields will be asked on the team applications. Some field types require you to input field size, and others require you to input a list of options for the user to select from.
- Field Title: Question you would like to ask on the application.
- Field Type: Format of how you would like the question to be asked on the application.
Formatting options include: Check boxes, drop down list, list box, radio button and text box.
- Field Size: The maximum amount of characters allowed to be input when answering the
(This field is only required when selecting Text Box field type)
- Order: If creating multiple custom questions you can indicate the order in which they appear on the application.
- Option Text: Answer options to proposed question.
- Display Order: Order in which the answer will be displayed.
- Allow multiple options to be selected at the same time: Check to allow multiple answers to be selected by applicants.
- This field is required to be inputted: Answer must be selected to move forward.
During the application process Tournament Directors can collect the following information about each team applying to play in the tournament. Ability to configure the questions as optional or required is available.
- Can teams play up in age group?: Allow teams to play up into older age groups.
- Calculate Age Group Based on Oldest Player?: If yes, system will calculate the team’s age group based on the DOB of the oldest player.
- Show Team ID Field?: Affinity team ID # will show on application.
- Show Alternate Team ID Field: Gives option to enter a Team ID/ identifier from outside the Affinity system.
- Allow all uppercase Team Names: Displays team name in uppercase letters if applicable.
- Show National Association: Gives option to select a NGB on the application ex: US Youth Soccer, US Club etc.
- Showing Gaming League Fields: USYS, US Club, AYSO, Other.
- Show Club/ League Fields: Show Club/League Name
- Show Home City Field: City League resides in
- Show Home State Field: State the League resides in
- Show Comments Section: Display a comment section allowing Team Admins to enter notes on the application.
- Show Team Results Section: Teams can enter in W-T-L records and results from tournaments/cups and league play. Configurations in this area are dependent on the State Association setting up the options for teams to select.
- Show Team Results and Record Section: If State Association does not include a Cup/Tournament the team has participated in, the team can manually enter in the records and results in for Tournament Staff to view.
- Show Jersey Colors: Option to enter the team’s jersey color.
- Show Short & Sock Colors: Option to enter team’s short & sock color.
- Show Team Sponsor: Option to enter team sponsor name.
- Show Team URL: Option to enter team website/ web address.
- Show Flight Preferences?:Option to select a preferred flight in which the team would like to play.
- Show Active Roster?: Option to validate if a player is active (playing) or inactive (unable to player) for the tournament/ league play.
- Show Application Contacts?: Team Admins (HC, AC, TM) viewable on application.
- Show Application Roster?: Player roster displays on application.
- Show Regional Roster?: State Admin or Team Admin can select who will display on regional roster for USYS events.
During the application process Tournament Directors can collect the following information about each player submitted on a roster. Ability to configure the questions as optional or required is available.
- Show Jersey Numbers
- Show Graduation Year
- Show GPA
- Show SAT
- Show Committed to College
- Show Player Position
- Show Player Address
- Show Country
- Show City
- Show State
- Show Zip/ Postal Code
- Show Home Phone
- Show Edit Player Team Info
ELA (Electronic Legal Agreement)
This area allows you to assign the ELA’s created in the Content tab to your tournament. Titles, last modified date and ELA owner will all show on the page. Check the boxes under the Show on Submit page for those respective ELA’s to be shown on the submit page of the application. Click Save Changes once complete.
Promo code discounts can be configured and given to teams. Applicants will then input the code on payment page and the discount will be applied to the total.
- Promo Code: Promotional code text. Limited to 6-10 characters. Codes are case sensitive.
- Expire Date: Date when code expires.
- Discount: Amount of discount.
To update a promo code once created, click the Delete link and create new code.